- Medically supervised with visits that will be with an MD, Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist, and an LPN (if medication monitoring is required)
- Very Low Calorie Diet (800-1000 kcal/day)
- Comprehensive screening to determine readiness
- Four-phase: Adaptation, Weight Loss, Refeeding, Maintenance
- Aggressive weight loss (Avg. 3-4 lbs/wk)
- Full fast utilizing nutritionally complete, high protein products
- Ketogenic program that helps reduce medically related risk factors
- Nutrition, behavior and exercise re-education is emphasized during individual sessions
- Coordinated support from an exercise specialist and a certified counselor
NutriMed® Nutritional Products: (from the Robard Corporation)
At the center of the NutriMed program are the NutriMed meal replacement products. They are formulated to provide the balanced profile of a Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) and to be used as the sole source of nutrition for persons on a VLCD. The meal plans, utilizing five to eight supplements daily, 100% of the RDI for vitamins and minerals. Their high protein, low carbohydrate profile promotes oxidation of endogenous stores of body fat while protecting lean body tissue.
NutriMed pudding shakes, soups and fruit drinks are packaged as single-serving packets, to be reconstituted with water. The meal replacement nutrition bars are individually wrapped and ready to eat.
Individual results will vary.