How Effective Is Weight Loss Surgery?
The amount of weight each patient will lose subsequent to their weight loss surgery varies according to several different factors.
These Factors Include:
- Ability to exercise.
- Patient's age.
- Weight prior to surgery.
- Overall health of patient.
- The surgical procedure.
- Commitment to following postoperative dietary guidelines.
- Adherence to follow up care directives.
- Commitment to emotional, mental health care and support groups
- Patient motivation and the involvement and support of friends, family, and associates.
Weight loss surgery is generally considered successful when a patient's BMI returns to a healthy level of under 30 and this level is maintained for at least five years. For each weight loss procedure described on this site, clinical data may report different results. Each surgeon may also have different results. During your consultation, request the data from your surgeon regarding the procedure that is being recommended.
For additional information about the different types of weight loss surgery available, view the patient resources section of our website. Freedom from obesity offers weight loss surgery support and we proudly serve the areas in and around Shreveport, Louisiana, Longview, Texas, Texarkana, TX, and Bossier City.